An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
Praise - the sermon to our soul
Psalms 146 - Our Help & Hope
Jonathan Brickley 06.19.16
- Our soul is where we are FILLED with the Spirit
- Where we perceive reality
- Where we are transformed
- Where our Self Will is Strengthened & Refuses God’s Rulership
- Or where our Self Will is Broken and we willingly accept his Rule & Reign over us
- The Soul of man is where the Kingdom of God comes - and where it is manifested on the earth during this age.
Do not put your trust (o Soul) in men - including yourself! WHY?
1) No salvation can be found in man! No saving. No deliverance from our condition. No rescue from what is SURELY coming for all of us - Death.
2) When he dies – he returns to the earth.
- When we die our bodies RETURN to the earth because they CAME from the earth and belong to it.
- Our spirits RETURN to God because they CAME from God and belong to Him (Father of our spirits).
(Gen 3:19) – By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread,till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
God sums up MAN and all our accomplishments and achievements in three simple words “You Are Dust”
The VERY DAY we die all our PLANS Perish with us. - Our ambitions, our hopes & dreams.
“O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Surely a man goes about as a shadow! Surely for nothing they are in turmoil; man heaps up wealth and does not know who will gather!
“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.”
The definition of "Putting your trust IN” something is putting your HELP and your HOPE in that thing.
Your trust is - WHERE you get your Help and WHERE you put your Hope.
His soul has heard the reasons NOT to put its trust in man -
now it hears WHY to put its trust i- It’s HELP AND HOPE - in God!
- He created and rules over Nature
- He’s Faithful. He’s Just.
- He provides for us
- He releases prisoners and heals the blind
- He watches over the weak ones & cares for them - He ruins the wicked
- He will reign forever and ever - Christ is coming soon.
- Let’s Not Waste Time Building Our Kingdoms of Dust Here!
God has SPECIFIC Good Works – Works of Ministry - for each one of us to walk in!
(II Tim 2:3-4) "Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him."
(II Pet 3:10-11) But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!