Exodus 33:13-16 13 Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people.” 14 And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” 15 And he said to him, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here. 16 For how shall it be known that I have found favor in your sight, I and your people? Is it not in your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth?”
His presence - going before us - reveals two things about us:
1) We have found FAVOR in God’s sight
2) We are distinct from every other people
We are to be a people MARKED by the presence of the Lord leading us, guiding us, comforting us, nurturing us.
1) The very definition of HELL & HEAVEN includes God’s presence: 2 Thessalonians 1:9 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,
2 Corinthians 4:14 14 knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
2) God WANTS and INTENSELY DESIRES to be with us! Genesis 3:8 8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
Matthew 1:23 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, Godwith us).
Revelation 21:3 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
John 14:3 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
John 17:24 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
3) Living the normal Christian life - in its essence - is abiding in the presence of God Matthew 28:18-20 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
John 12:26 26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.
Psalms 16:11 11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Copyright 2018 - New Life Equipping Ministry. All rights reserved. Engineered by Tyler Norris.