An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.
1. What is the Bible?
- God’s book
- A summary of Divine Revelation
2. Why did God write the Bible?
- Everything created came through His spoken word
- WORDS touch & affect our minds
2 Corinthians 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- Reading the Scripture helps “transform us by the renewal of our minds”
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
2 Timothy 3:14-17
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
3. What is the main subject matter of the Bible? JESUS
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
Three Main Obstacles that have kept ME (and probably keep you) from enjoying a rich, abundant life in The Word:
Perceived Obstacle Real Obstacle
(for those who are trying)
1) Boring/ Dry / No life in it = Death
(for those who are not trying)
2) Don’t want to / don’t think about it = Desire
(for those who want to try)
3) Not enough self discipline / focus = Disobedience
Solution for all is found in:
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him
How did you receive?
2) Confessed your sin
3) Called upon His name
4) Repented (changed mind / turned away from)
5) Believed ON Jesus (I can’t, He can)
What were the terms?
- Rulers command / subjects obey
We live the Christian life by letting Christ live it through us
Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,
- Our Minds must be OPENED to understand the Scriptures
- A revelation from JESUS alone can open our minds