An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
1 Peter 2:4-10
As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” 7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” 8 and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. 9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; 6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel.”
God desires a universal and global priesthood.
Israel was to be this but they failed.
So Jesus comes as the High Priest of all redeeming a community of people called the Church.
The Church Jesus builds is to be this but it has struggled producing an un-biblilically divided congregation of: “priest and parishioners” or “clergy and laity”.
A Priest is:
1. Specially Chosen by God
2. Favored to Minister in the Presence of God
3. Mediator between God and Sinful Man
4. Endowed with the Power to Release Blessings, Anointings, and Offer Sacrifices
5. Heir of the Kingdom of God
The Spirit of God is desiring to ACTIVATE the royal priesthood.
All are to be activated and functioning as priest.
1. Do you understand what a biblical priest is? from teaching session
2. Do you believe and have confidence that you are a chosen, favored, and royal priest? If not why? vs. 5 & 9
3. What are the spiritual sacrifices that we are to offer? vs. 5
4. How do we proclaim his excellencies? vs. 9