An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. 22 Bondservants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not by way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
My burden today is that Jesus is often not supreme even in Christian families
By “supreme” I mean: his personal and living “first-placed-ness” in our conversations, decisions, and relationships.
Helps for Making Jesus Supreme in Your Family:
1. Secure an intentional and unshakable conviction that Jesus should be Supreme in your family.
2. Be aware that the enemy will contest the speaking of and personal knowledge of Jesus - The awkward is easier to overcome when you know it is warfare.
2 Corinthians 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- There are “un-resisted” topics to speak of in your family.
- And there is the “resisted” subject of Jesus.
3. Know that the Holy Spirit is empowering the speaking of Jesus –
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
4. Commit that your Theology really serves the greater issue of developing a “Living Christology.”
5. Develop the skill of asking specific questions that generate spiritual conversation about Jesus.
6. Stretch yourself to speak personally and practically about your relationship with Jesus, just as you would about any other thing that you feel confident about.
7. Be persistent and patient trusting the Holy Spirit to increase the supremacy of Jesus in your family. Sow that garden with confidence that it will eventually bear great fruit.