An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
2 Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
1) This passage, in context, is about those in the "church" as much as those outside of it.
2) The Last Days, which are these days, can only be endured and overcome by lovers of God - not thinkers about God or organizers for God or fans of God's miracles.
a) Lovers of God have a heart-affection that is alive with love and adoration for the living Jesus
b) Lovers of God have a heart-affection that is filled with fierce loyalty to Jesus
c) Lovers of God have a heart-affection that is discerning of what is not Jesus - whether doctrine or miracle
d) Lovers of God have a heart-affection that loves people, even enemy people
3) Pleasure was made by God - so it must be stewarded and experienced within God and His ways.
a) Religion often convinces us of the lie that God does not want us to experience pleasure
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
c) Sin, in one sense, is finding and experiencing pleasure outside of God and His ways
How to GROW and MATURE into a Lover of God:
1) Understand and believe that the Holy Spirit in you is loving Jesus passionately i.e. It takes God to love God.
I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
2) Receiving and experiencing God's love FIRST, produces love for God in you.
1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.
3) Sowing the prayer "make me a lover of God" will cause you to reap a lover’s heart.
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
4) Knowing the Law of "Loving one Master" and repenting of all other lovers
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
5) Going deep in your realization of sin and receiving His "much forgiveness" produces people with "much love".
Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.”
Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,