An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
In the culture “Yokes” spoke of the literal wooden harnesses that bound animals together in labor.
In scripture “Yokes” metaphorically spoke of:
1) Bondage or slavery
3) Punishment for sin, discipline
4) The commandments of God
5) The legalistic teachings or ceremonies of religious teachers
Jesus speaks to a yoked and burdened people who are laboring unto weariness and says:
1) The Prompting: Come to me
2) The Promise: I will give you rest
3) The Process: Take my Yoke upon you and learn from me in order to possess rest
4) The Proof: My Yoke is easy and My Burden is light
Inferred revelation about this then is:
1) You must leave “other yokings” in order to come to him
2) You must practically yoke yourself to the Lord Jesus by total faith and absolute surrender
3) The proof that you are yoked to Jesus is a literal sense of rest, easiness, and lightness.
The field to be plowed before the believer is harder than any other field in the world (Sermon on the Mount or being sent to Martyrdom for examples) yet when one is yoked to Jesus it is the most restful, easy, and light labor in all the earth.