An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
Isaiah 61:1-4, 7
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion—to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. 4 They shall build up the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations.
7 Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy.
This is the prophetic passage that Jesus quotes to start and explain his ministry
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.” 20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”
Context of this passage in Isaiah 61 is Israel (God's covenant people) is locked up in Babylon (Satanic Worldly System) but God is sending the anointed one (Christ) to bring a ministry of restoration to a double-portion of their inheritance.
Breakdown of the Prophetic Purpose of Jesus’ Ministry to human beings under satanic and sin captivity:
A. An anointed one would do certain things to the captive people:
Preach - the Gospel to the poor
Heal - the broken hearted
Deliver - the captives and slaves of darkness
Preach - the favor of God on the humble and the judgment of God on his enemies
B. This anointed ministry would bring a divine transfer:
Transfer a grieving life into a hopeful consolation
Transfer burnt up failures into royal victors
Transfer depressing mourning for Spirit initiated joy
Transfer weak hopelessness into a life of overcoming praise
C. This transfer would produce a new identity in the transformed:
They are now called "Oaks of Righteousness" or unmovable testimonies of a holy God.
They are a "planting of the Lord for his glory" or Holy Spirit established people that increase the fame of God.
D. This new identity brings a new mission:
They will build on earth God's original plans (ancient ruins & former devastations)
They will transform cities and peoples (ruined cities and devastated generations)
E. They will receive a unique inheritance:
Instead of a shameful inheritance they will inherit a "double-portion" - instead of slave inheritance they will receive a "first born inheritance"
Instead of dishonor and disgrace they will inherit a "double-portion" (first born favor) and everlasting joy (eternal delight).
This is the ministry and kingdom chain-reaction that Jesus started and it is exactly what we are called to do and start in our neighborhoods and the nations.
Global Reports of CPM's (Church Planting Movements)
* In East Asia in 2000 an indigenous believer and his wife started planting small churches that multiplied into 360 new churches by the end of the year with 10,000 new believers.
* In a Latin American country in the 1990's under relentless government persecution 235 churches multiplied to 4,000 with more than 30,000 converts to baptize.
* A pastor in Western Europe and his wife planted 15 new house churches last year and then left for an assignment for 6 months in the U.S. When they returned there were 60-90 new churches.
* A missionary strategist in Africa reported that it took 30 years to plant 4 churches but they have started 65 in the last 9 months.
* A Southeast Asia missionary strategist began working with 3 small house churches of 85 people in 1993. Just 7 years later there were 920 churches with 90,000 new believers.
* A missionary strategist to a North India people group found just 28 churches among them in 1989. By the year 2000 a CPM had erupted into 4,500 churches with 300,000 baptized believers.
* In early 2000 Ying and Grace began to work in a densely populated area in China. They decided to train a group of 30, mostly farmers, to plant churches that plant churches (or make disciples that make disciples). In 2 months there were 20 new small churches. After 6 months there were 327 new churches and 4000 new believers. In 12 months there were 908 new churches with 12,000 new believers. At present there are thought to be 140,000 new churches with 1.7 million new believers.
- One of the farmers in this movement planted 110 churches one year himself. His daily schedule is to get up at 5am to pray for 2 hours, work in the field from 7am-5pm, come home for 2 hours to eat and spend time with the family, and then from 7 to midnight he works the Lord's field in ministry and evangelism.
- In one town a 67 year old women led more than 60 families to Jesus in one year.
- Ying lost touch with one disciple who he found out had been transferred to a company that had 10,000 workers among which he had started 70 churches in 6 months by multiplication.