An equipping ministry to Disciple the Church.
A mission base to Send the Church.
Galatians 5:1-4 (ESV)
1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you.
3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law.
4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
Falling from grace for the Galatians meant they had fallen from the provision of free unmerited favor in Christ into a works-based religious spirit.
John 1:17 (ESV)
17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Grace is the unmerited favor of God provided for man though the work of Jesus Christ which can ONLY be obtained by faith.
Law is the righteous demand of God made upon man which can ONLY be attained by perfect works.
The Consequences of Rejecting His Grace are Dire
Hebrews 10:26-29 (ESV)
26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?
The Radical Generosity of Jesus
This grace and this faith were breaking out even before the death and resurrection of Jesus in his shocking 3-1/2 year ministry of pouring out grace on sinners.
But the Pharisees rejected this radical generosity in a religious spirit.
Signs you are Falling From Grace
1. You live with a regular consciousness of your sins
2. You have added "your works” to your acceptance before God
3. You use your effort to fight sin instead of grace
4. You live in a regular state of shame and condemnation about yourself
5. You respond to Holy Spirit conviction with shame or rebellion instead of faith-filled repentance that receives the grace of God
6. You live in a regular state of criticism about others
7. You are offended by God’s generosity to one you think is underserving
Reclaiming Your Place in Grace
1. Repent for the pride of rejecting the grace of Christ
2. Meditate the grace of God accomplished in Christ
3. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the grace of God for you in all things
4. Reject and turn away from a religious spirit of works
5. Be filled with the Hoy Spirit (who is the mediator of grace to us) and walk with others doing the same