Luke 1:38-45 (NIV) 38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. 39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
* Mary is a unique vessel in human history and the plan of God.
* But she is also clearly the first prototype of the Church.
* She, like us, would have the Spirit of God conceive in her the Christ.
* She literally carries Him, manifests his blessing, and then she births Him into the earth.
God has sovereignly decided that He will accomplish His work in this age through intimate faith-filled partnership with human beings.
1. Adam had to have His Eve in order to fulfill his commission to fill and rule the earth.
2. Abraham had to have his Sarah in order to become a great nation.
3. God had His Mary in order to fulfill century old prophecies about a “human Messiah” manifesting who is called “Immanuel” and “Mighty God”.
4. And Jesus must have His bride, the Church, in order to fulfill His global destiny.
Two primary needs in a believer’s life:
1. To be filled with the Spirit.
2. To have prophetic destiny activated.
The Lord’s way of doing this is by having us carry, bless with, and manifest the Anointed One through our very lives and presence.
Mary carried a tangible blessing because she carried the Blessed One inside her - and so do you.
(Atmosphere and Culture should shift in our presence and at the sound of our voice)
Elizabeth is filled with the Spirit and has the Prophet LEAP in her womb because of the Christ carrier - Mary.
What was unique about Mary:
1. The literal Christ was in her
2. She walked in a heart-culture of faith in the word of the Lord to her
These two unique things about Mary cause a simple "Hello" from her to manifest presence and prophetic movement in Elizabeth.
Christ’s presence within us activates Holy Spirit action