Luke 1:26-38 (NKJV) 26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” 29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” 34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?” 35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.” 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
Who is Gabriel?
1. An Angel of the Lord who appears in the Old and New Testament for the central purpose of bringing prophetic revelations to men.
2. His central message is the message of the Messiah - Jesus!
3. One who stands in the presence of the Lord.
Luke 1:19 19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.
Ephesians 5:18 (NIV) 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
Three Words from Gabriel to Mary and to you:
1. Gabriel tells Mary she will conceive the Christ within her and then deliver him into the earth. And that word is for you also!
2. Gabriel tells her this will happen by the power of the Spirit coming upon her. And that word is for you also!
3. Gabriel tells her that NOTHING will be impossible with God. And that word is for you also!
Explaining the word: NOTHING
For not will be impossible with God every thing.
Every - "Pan"
Thing - "Rhema"
Luke 1:37 (NIV) 37 For no word from God will ever fail.
Gabriel was not just saying: "God can do anything"
He was saying: "No rhema from God will ever fail"
Rhema produces faith.
Faith then produces an atmosphere where the Spirit manifests power through His presence.